Behind the Seams
JET NOIRE’s design mission is to make timeless silhouettes that highlight the feminine figure. The design process begins from our founders sketchbook. We hand source every single fabric to bring our designs to life. We design pieces that WE WEAR everyday. We believe that quality and fit are at the forefront of our brand. We are – and will always be – obsessed with making things exceptionally well: fabrics that don’t shrink, buttons that stay buttoned and threads that stay threaded.
- Prioritizing recycled, natural and organic fibers.
- Creating clothing in safe working environments.
- Producing limited style runs, so you know each piece was handcrafted with love.
- Reducing plastic in our packaging and moving to using sustainable and natural materials
- Making each item to order to eliminate as much waste as possible. Any excess fabric is converted to new designs.
Giving back in the way of profits to support our favorite people and projects. Our 2020 organization of choice was the Black Women’s Health Imperative. The organization targets the most pressing health issues that affect Black women and girls in the U.S. through investments in evidence based strategies, bold programs and advocacy outreach on health policies.
OUR SOURCING GUIDE
- Easier care means less impact. Try hand washing our garments
- Our fabrics are fairly made and sourced directly by our team
- Our first priority is natural fibers that are rapidly renewable and plant based
- We always chose quality
- Hand sewn with love